Call for Abstracts
The organizing committee of the 10th International Ruminant Reproduction Symposium (IRRS 2018) is pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for poster presentation or for oral and poster presentation. During the submission process, you will indicate whether you would like your abstract to be considered for a poster presentation only or oral and poster presentation. The organizing committee aims to select 11 abstracts for oral presentation but the final number will depend on the availability of highly qualified abstracts matching the thematic sessions of the scientific program. All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters, published in the journal Animal Reproduction, and made available online to all participants before the Symposium.
A participant may be the first author (i.e., the presenting author) for only one abstract. Abstracts must be written in English and prepared in accordance with the instructions below. Each abstract will be sent to two experts in the topic of the study for scientific review. By submitting an abstract, the authors automatically attest that the data to be presented have not been published elsewhere and that all authors agree with the submission.
Deadline for Registration
First (presenting) authors must register for the meeting before May 1, 2018, for the abstract to appear in the Program Book and published online in Animal Reproduction. Abstracts whose first (presenting) author has not been registered by the May 1 deadline will be excluded.
Preparation of Abstracts
- Abstracts will be published online in Animal Reproduction.
- Abstracts should be submitted to the FASS abstract system. During the submission process, you will be asked to copy and paste the components of your abstract into corresponding text boxes. No files should be uploaded.
- Abstracts should not exceed 3200 characters, including title, authors, authors’ affiliations, references, and acknowledgements.
- Abstracts should include background information, objectives, materials and methods, results, and conclusions in a single paragraph.
- No figures or tables are allowed in the abstract.
- Abstracts indicating that data will be presented at the meeting are not acceptable; data must be presented in the abstract and include appropriate statistical analysis.
- Spelling should conform to the online Oxford Dictionaries (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com).
- Acknowledgements should be listed at the end of the text.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Submission of an abstract implies a commitment that the first (presenting) author will attend the Symposium to present the abstract if it is accepted (see Deadline for Registration, above).
- Abstracts must be submitted online at http://www.fass-abstracts.org/meetinginfo.asp
- All abstracts should be formatted according to the Preparation of Abstracts above.
- The Organizing/Scientific Committee will review the abstracts, and the corresponding author will be sent an email indicating acceptance of the abstract by the end of April 2018.
- Deadline for abstract submission: March 30, 2018.